WHAT// WOMEN IN TECH - Silicon Valley - Learn from two incredible female entreprenuers about how they've overcome the stereotype of Women in Tech, and how they've built and grown their businesses. Learn how you can dream big, and think big in a Tech Business.
WHERE: Fishburners Brisbane, 167 Queen Street Mall, Queen St Brisbane 4000
WHEN: Tuesday, 31st October
TIME: 7.30AM - 9.00AM
We've teamed up with some experienced founders and CEOs to share their experiences. It's a panel discussion so we will go where the conversation flows but we plan to discuss:
- What Silicon Valley and Shark Tank experiences can teach us about thinking BIG in business
- Developing yourself while being the business leader - How can we do it all?
- Funding and Accelerator Programs - Should we or shouldn't we? What are the considerations and shared experiences
- Tips for managing situations that we really shouldn't have to prepare for like discrimination and sexism in business
- The Pitch - How do you perfect it?
- Big moments in business and how they impact business journeys
- Working with loved ones - The strategies for success
- Working remotely and location independence - Is the dream a great reality?
It will be a conversation centred around practical and insightful tips that make us all better leaders, no matter what field we work in.
GUEST SPEAKERS // KATE KENDALL and SARAH PEARCE
Kate Kendall is a British-Australian entrepreneur and writer who's been based in San Francisco and New York for the past six years. She’s the founder and CEO of CloudPeeps – a trusted freelance platform that helps independent professionals connect with clients, find work and manage their business. Kate also created the Freelance Friday offline community and The Fetch event discovery app. She’s currently serving on the board of the Australian Founders Network in Silicon Valley.
Sarah is the founder of Travelshoot. After winning a Shark Tank competition in 2015, Travelshoot has grown global momentum and the business now connects travelers with local photographers right across the world. Sarah is addicted to travelling and after accomplishing her 30 by 30 goal (30 countries by age 30) she’s now working on her 40 by 40 travel to-do list. Her guilty pleasures include Byron Bay cookies, wine on a Friday and finding new travel bloggers to obsess over.
LOCATION // The Black Brisbane, 37 Collingwood St, Albion (through the Stalled Espresso cafe, down the back)
The Black is a beautiful event hosting space in Albion.
PARKING // There is street parking in Fox St and Crosby Road, but it's a busy area, so please allow time to find yourself a spot before the event.
HOSTED BY // Brisbane Ambassador, Chelsea Murphy - Cash.